Something isn’t working. Sometimes, nothing is working.
Life isn’t what it used to be. For a while, you seemed to have everything figured out. These days you wonder what is even worth figuring out.
Do you ever wonder: “Is this what life comes down to?”
Maybe you worry it’s too late to change, that your foundation is already laid, that life is constrained by inescapable circumstances; that past mistakes, hurts, and injustices cannot be undone…
But maybe worst of all are the moments you think your best option might be to settle for the short-lived comfort of familiar ways. After all, cold comfort feels better than no comfort.
I suspect if you’re reading this, you have been wondering if there is another way. Life is incredibly hard, asking for help is harder, but not doing anything the hardest.
With 12 years of clinical experience, some of my areas of interest include:
- Relationship Issues
- Trauma/ PTSD
- Stress (career, financial, home)
- Life Transitions (life reflection, grief and acceptance)
- Family Dysfunction
- Cultural Concerns
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Personality Disorders (Borderline, Narcissistic, Obsessive-Compulsive)
Our work begins when you book a free 15-minute Zoom consultation with me. If we both feel it seems like a good fit to do some work together, we will schedule weekly meetings and begin our initial attempt to find some understanding around what is going on. Sometimes I may recommend we meet more frequently. I offer both in-person/office and Zoom options for meeting.
Regardless of your initial goals or how they may evolve over the course of our work, my way of working strives to promote for all people the following:
- Insight into the reasons why you and other people are the way they are
- Flexibility in the ways you respond to life stress
- Improved communication skills
- Balancing self-reliance and interdependence with others
- Enhanced ability to feel present in the world (not just being there physically)
- Enjoyment of professional work
- Improved ability to manage emotions in the face of adversity
- Self-esteem that holds up in the face of disappointments and setbacks
- Increased empathy for yourself and others
- Forgiveness of yourself and amends with others where possible
- Enhanced capacity for experiencing realistic love
- A sense of aliveness and purpose in everyday life
- Acceptance of imperfections, limitations, and things that cannot be changed
- Learning how to use your unconscious patterns for growth, rather than being used by them
My approach is to adjust the therapy to fit the person rather than make the person fit the therapy. There are no gimmicks or magic bullets. We are two people talking about the most personal aspects of your life in a way that is intended to help you. I will ask you good questions, be interactive, authentic, and hold space for you to do the difficult but necessary work.
I realize I am a new person in your life. It may take some time for you to feel I am familiar to you and get as messy as you need to. By now, I have heard and seen it all. If you want, I will go the distance with you.
Book a free 15-minute Zoom consultation with me now by filling out the form below, and I will get back to you within two business days.